Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Halloween 2012 started off perfect with jack-o-lantern pancakes! 
Ellie and Parker dressed up to help me volunteer in Allivias 1st grade class. It wouldn't be the best idea to take Parker in if it wasn't Halloween, but luckily the kids were all distracted by all the costumes and excitement of the day anyway.  We took Halloween cupcakes in to both Carter, and Allivia's class's, and they loved the treat!


After lunch, the kids had a costume parade through the school. This year they had to dress up as a character from a story book and bring the book with them. I didn't have the best location for picture taking at the parade, so almost all the pics are out of focus, but better than nothing :)


Of course the best of the whole day was going trick-or-treating! I am old school when it comes to trick-or-treating, I like the door to door approach instead of the BORING trunk-or-treat!!  This year I was put in charge of doing a ward trunk or treat so I went to show support. I only lasted about 10 minutes though. My kids had already visited every car and were ready to leave, and I don't blame them!! I felt a little embarrassed leaving so early but the night was about my kids not the ward, and I was not going to make them suffer any more :) We live in a great neighborhood, and know most of the neighbors. The kids had a blast ringing the door bells and saying "trick-or-treat!" One house even handed out king size candy bars!! I guarantee you wont find that at a trunk-or-treat!! There are so many older people who just don't make it out to a trunk or treat, and they love having the kids come to their homes. Most non LDS people don't go to the trunk or treats either, and I don't feel its fair to exclude them.  We had so much fun this year!! I am pretty sure it's Ellies favorite holiday! She could survive off of fruit and candy if she had the choice. I feel so blessed to have such amazing kids, and to live in such an amazing place!!
And this is the result of 3 kids hard work!! A years worth of candy!! yeahhhhhhhhh!





1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya. The trunk or treat is just not enough fun. Its over in seconds. We hit the fancy neighborhoods after that! Good times!

    ReplyDelete