You know what drives me crazy! People who assume because I stay at home instead of working, I must not have anything better to do. Surely my life is totally unfulfilling! And I have all the time in the world to shop and gossip with my girlfriends, and watch soap operas! I had a conversation with a guy while volunteering in Ellies kindergarten class today. It went something like this...
Man- so other than volunteering, what to you do?
me- for work you mean?
Man- yes
me- well, I cook 3 meals a day, plus snacks, I clean, I shop, I change diapers, care for 4 kids, go to scouts, arrange play dates, clean some more, change another diaper, do homework, help with projects, build forts, play, brush teeth, kiss owies better, tuck kids in bed........ and then get up and do it all again ( and that is to name a few) hehe
Man- blank stare....
Then Ellies teacher, Mrs. Frances says to him "she is a stay at home mom"
I don't think he thought I was to funny, but I had an internal chuckle! hehe
For anyone who thinks I have all the time in the world to just relax, take another look! I am exhausted by the end of the day!! And I don't get paid a dime for any of it. But I would not change it for the world!!!! Some moms go and get jobs so they can get away from their kids for a while and I feel bad for those moms. Granted I know and totally understand that some moms don't have a choice. I have had a few days where I wish I could just go get a job to get away myself. But I don't ever want to miss a single moment of my kids childhood. I know I will wake up tomorrow and they will all be grown and gone. I don't want to have regrets at that point. I want to play silly games and dance in the rain, and snuggle, and volunteer in their school classes and be a part of their lives. If staying in my little house for ever or sacrificing some material things in life is what I have to do so I can be at home with my kids, then it is worth it!! Nothing this world could offer can replace missing a choir concert, or piano recital, or my babies first word. I feel like I have the best job in the world!!!
Very nice! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteI want all of my daughters and daughters in law to know what great mothers they are. I am glad they can be stay at home moms so that they will be there when their kids need them, not off at some job.
ReplyDeleteLove ya, Dad Campbell
I'm proud of you Jylisha. I love you, Dad Campbell
ReplyDeleteYES! Thank you! I was talking to a soon-to-be mother who said that she wanted to go back to work because she was a "work-a-holic". I was just thinking, "oh man, I can guarantee that she will work more staying at home than working her job". You put this so well.
ReplyDeleteYou said it perfectly! Exactly how I feel!
ReplyDeleteBrooke whipple
oh grant grant grant...... I love you!
ReplyDelete