Monday, September 9, 2013

Labor Day 2013

I LOVE  Labor Day weekend! I look forward to it every year. My dads side of the family all get together for the weekend in St. Anthony at the "3 Peaks Lodge" They have only missed one year in almost 40 years of this reunion. There are almost no families that have the strong bond that the Grandma Walker family has. This year was especially special! My cousin Kristy Jorgensen who just lost her husband the week before came with her family. On Sunday night we had a special devotional where the family shared some of the tender mercy's they witnessed during that hard time. Many fun and happy memories of Jason were shared and our family grew closer together as we all loved and sported Kristy. I love my Grandma Walker! I believe she is 88 years old this year, and she is one of my hero's for sure! Its amazing to think that over 100 people are all descended from her and my grandpa. There really isn't anything more important in this life than our families. No earthly possessions could replace the love and happiness that a family brings.
This year I helped out with food and room assignments. Usually my dad does this, but he was slammed at work so me being the favorite child that I am (haha) took on his load. My sister Sheerstie and I spend half a day on the phone deciding on what to eat and who of the 70 people attending the reunion will get one of the 8 rooms available. At first I felt a little guilty because I gave Grant and I a room for the first time ever! Normally we sleep in a trailer or tent, but after the first night of amazing warm sleep.... all my guilt went out the window. The kids had fun playing with cousins and the adults had fun visiting and eating till we were sick. Only 11 1/2 months until next years reunion and I cant wait!!

 Heidi Olsen painted the girls faces and they loved it!

 Parker and Caden Petersen playing at breakfast
 Daddy and Ellie having some relaxation time
 Decker and Allivia asleep on a couch. The kids stayed up until way past midnight every night.
 Parker and cousin Jaylee
Parker and Ellie having fun in the rec room

2 comments:

  1. I just love how your family has a standing reunion...it seems like a no pressure and non-debatable event. Glad you all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kendra. Maybe there is something to be learned here. :)

    Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete