Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Families are Forever



Last week we said goodbye for now to my cousins husband, Jason Jorgensen. It was a long fought battle for both him and his family. As he fought hard for his life, the rest of our family joined together and fought for him in every way we could. We fasted as a family, prayed as a family, went to the temple, and wrote messages of encouragement and love to Kristy and her family.visits of encouragement were made to the hospital, blessings given, food prepared and delivered, and many more acts of love and charity.  Even though this was a heartbreaking time in our family, it was such a blessing to realize what an amazing family I belong to! I don't know of many families that remain as close as ours does after so many years. Jason's funeral was far and away the best funeral I have even been to. The spirit was so strong. One part that I loved was that the men in the family dug his grave, and after his son Riley gave the dedicatory prayer, those men berried him themselves too. I have realized this week that sometimes through our darkest hours, our greatest blessings are realized. I know with all my heart that families can be together forever!! I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true gospel restored to this earth by a Loving Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that all true happiness and joy in this life comes only though our obedience to Christ and his gospel. I am so thankful for my knowledge of these truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment