Saturday, April 28, 2018

Do we trust that Heavenly Father knows what he is doing?

Have you ever prayed for something so hard and wanted your answer so badly that you just can't understand why God isn't "answering" or giving you your way. I have many times. This last year I have prayed and pleaded to have my anxiety taken away. Sometimes the fear and burden seems too much. Watching my son scream and cry in panic, in a complete cease, frozen body, unresponsive and fearing that he is dying because the panic attack is so sever. I lay with him, holding him sometimes crying, I pray and I ask why he has to endure such a trial at such a young age. Watching my 6 year old son battle every single day to manage a lifelong disease he didn't choose and currently no cure for. My list can go on and on with questions of why it seams so many prayers seem to go unanswered. Last night Heavenly Father answered my prayers in a way I didn't expect.
Last week Ellie and some neighbor girls found a cute stray puppy and Ellie wanted to keep it soooo bad. The girls took it home to try and find the owners. We kept saying they needed to check with the pound, but they for some reason kept the dog for about 10 days trying to find the owner. One night Ellie and Parker even snuck over to their house with their money jars combined and offered to buy the dog. We kept trying to tell her we just couldn't have another dog. She was so determined to own this dog and it was all she could talk about. She named it even. She would cry day after day begging for this dog. We would explain that it probably had an owner looking for it, and how expensive it would be to get its shots and have it fixed and how hard it is to train a puppy, but no answer wold suffice. Well yesterday, the girls just dropped off the puppy at our house for us to "keep" I let Ellie play with the dog for about 30 minutes then we did the hard thing and took him to the pound. Her tears and absolute heartbreak tore me apart in every way possible. I wanted to badly to just let her keep the puppy but I knew it wasn't the right thing to do, especially if there was another child out there searching for their lost dog. I held her as she cried and cried and cried..... I wanted to cry with her because I understood the pain she was feeling wanting something so badly and not getting it. Eventually we got her mind off of the topic and she went to bed happy and hopefully she will be blessed with needed peace moving forward. The process got me thinking though, how often do we plead for what we want but we need to trust in Heavenly Father that he knows what he is doing. We may not understand now or even in this life, but one day we will. Does it break his heart to tell us no even when he knows it is the right thing to do? I know this is just one time I will have to do the hard thing for my kids for the right reason. But I understand that maybe there is a bigger plan for me and for my kids and family that struggle. I need to work on my faith, that there is a reason my anxiety hasn't been taken or my kids anxiety, or my sons diabetes. I know there will still be hard days where I will plea for my own answers to my prayers but I am glad I learned this one small lesson. So today I start a new goal, Trust that Heavenly Father knows what he is doing" Work on my faith in him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment