Today is one of those days where I just cant find the motivation to get anything done. Yesterday was Halloween so this morning my house was a mess! I keep trying to get going and still now... my house is a mess. Usually Parker is my excuse, he is always on the go! Sometimes I feel like he never slows down, and it can make it hard to get everything done that I need to. A few minutes ago Parker crawled up to me and wanted me to hold him. I got his favorite blanket and binki and sat in the rocking chair with him. Parker likes to snuggle, but only for a second or two. If he is tired he just wants to be laid down and left alone. I always try to snuggle with him anyway, because I am a snuggler myself and I just cant help it :) At first he would lay his head down for a few seconds and then sit back up, but he stayed on my lap. Eventually he laid his head down on my chest and stayed there. I just kept rocking and laid my head down on his. Slowly his eyes began to close, and he fell asleep. This is probably the first time that he has ever done that. It is silly but it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. I love being a mom so much! It is all I have ever wanted to be. Many times I feel like I am falling short of what I know I should be as a mom. But today, sitting there on the rocking chair snuggling my little boy, the world seemed to stop for a moment. I didn't care about the messes around me, or what else I needed to be getting done at that moment. Life was perfect, and I couldn't be any happier. I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father blesses me with these rare moments to remind me how blessed I am, and also what is truly important in life. I love you Parker Parker!

You have turned him into quite the snuggle bug, just like you have turned me into one!
ReplyDeleteG
Lol.. cute! 1. My house has been a mess for the whole week, since we were getting ready for halloween. Making costumes, carving pumpkins. I just couldn't stay on top of it! 2. Kenson is the exact opposite! He is my first baby to be a true snuggler! I love it... I am not one personally, but NOTHING is better than snuggling the little ones! Anyway, he likes to be snuggled to sleep, and he hates not being able to see me when he wakes up. So he cries until I get them...then we snuggle some more. He's great at it. 3. Jason and I started a "tender mercies" journal a few years ago. We don't write in it often enough, but it is a great way to remember the blessings of being a parent. :) I forgot to call btw to help you set up a way to follow through google. Let me know if you want me to. For now, I'll subscribe via email.
ReplyDeleteI need all the help I can get! I am a beginner at this blogging stuff and I don't know what I am doing :)
DeleteParker Parker!
ReplyDeleteThe only thing you can take with you when you die is your knowledge and part of that knowledge comes by way of memories.
Keep on, keep on!