Parker gave carter an A+
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Chef Carter
Carter is really into his cub scouts! He turned 8 in April and is only a few requirements away from getting his wolf. Every day he has his book out and working with me on what he can get signed off. He prides himself in being the most decorated scout in his group. I am glad that he finds joy in being involved in something as great as scouts. So last night we were going through his book and one of the requirements was that he plan and prepare breakfast for his family, and he had to clean up and wash the dishes after! I was all about that! So this morning he was up early and all excited to make breakfast. We kept it simple and made pancakes, but he did a great job, mixing the batter, pouring and flipping the pancakes. He even set the table. The best part was afterwords when he cleared the table, loaded the dishwasher and started it, all on his own!! While watching him, I had the thought.. " why don't they require the boys to do this for at least a week?" I could totally handle having someone else doing the cooking and cleaning for once. :) It was a very sweet moment for me though, to be able to help teach him a skill that I have a great love for (the cooking part, definitely not the cleaning part) I am very thankful for my amazing kids, and so glad that my younger kids have a awesome big brother to look up too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cute;)
ReplyDeleteNext will be a Campbell family Iron Chef competition. Get ready Carter!
ReplyDelete