Monday, November 26, 2012

more thoughts by Jylisha :)

So I heard this quote yesterday that went something like "It doesn't matter where you've come from but where your going that matters." I have been thinking about that a lot today. This morning for example, I was giving myself a hard time because I use to pride myself on how cute my girls hair was. I always had some fancy braid, or cute curls. I loved to experiment and create cute new hair dues. Now days, I run the hair straightener through their hair, throw in a head band and call it good. But then I try to cut myself some slack. I didn't use to have 4 kids (one being a baby that NEVER sleeps at night) that I had to have ready for the day by 8:45am every morning. At-least they are bathed, dressed in clean clothes and have eaten breakfast right? And tomorrow is a new day! I struggle a lot with the fact that I have always felt that Grant is this perfect person, and I am not. I have always felt like he always has lived his life is the right way, and made all the right choices. I have not. How can I ever be as good of a person as he is? But, again, I think of the quote. It doesn't matter what type of person Grant or myself have been in the past, what matters is the type of people we decide to be today, and strive to be tomorrow. Maybe I am not doing as good with my scripture study today, but tomorrow could be the day I start again, and do better. Sometimes it is so easy to see the gifts and talents of others, but for some reason we can't acknowledge our own. When I look back to the person I was when I met Grant 10 years ago, and who I am now, I am proud of myself. I may not be who I want to be yet, but I have come a long way. I try to be a good mom and wife, show patience and love towards my kids, serve my neighbors, keep a perfectly clean house, attend the temple...... No not every day is one to be proud of, but I am glad that what matters is where I am headed, and that is something to be proud of :)

2 comments:

  1. I am sure Parker only woke up once last night and I got him:)
    All I know is that everyday I love you more!:)

    ReplyDelete