Monday, November 19, 2012

Candied Moose Yams

I have always hated to eat yams at thanksgiving, probably mostly because of my dislike for marshmallows. A few years ago my sister in law Whitney Campbell make this recipe and I have been hooked ever since!! It will be a tradition on thanksgiving in my family forever more!! Give it a try, i guarantee you will fall in love!

Candied Moose Yams  by Whitney Campbell
 3 cups mashed yams
1 c. sugar
1 t. salt
1/3 stick butter or margarine, melter
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 t. vanilla
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Mix together and pour in medium-sized pan (11x9)

Topping:
1/3 stick butter, or margarine, melted
1 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. flour
1c. chopped nuts (pecan or walnuts)
mix and put over top of yams. Bake at 350 degrees until firm, 30-45 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. There is no better recipe. I didn't make any this year, but we were already getting a huge spread for just the 5 of us...maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete