Monday, November 19, 2012

Boise Temple Dedication

Yesterday was a rare opportunity to attend the re-dedication of the Boise Idaho Temple. Everyone who was 8 years or older with a temple recommend could attend. Carter was beyond excited! We traded off babysitting with Beau and Camie Eddie so we could both go without the little kids. It was about 1 1/2 hours long. President Monson and Elder Bednar were both there. There was a very strong spirit in the room as we listened to the speakers. I loved sitting with Grant and Carter and answering questions that Carter had about the Temple, and admiring all the beautiful pictures of temples around the world. Nothing brings me more joy in my life than the truths taught in this gospel! As I sat there waiting for it  to begin, I thought a lot about how grateful I am for my eternal family, and that I have an amazing husband who honors his priesthood and leads by example. I looked at Carter sitting next to me in his nice black suit, and then to my husband next to him in his nice black suit, and I was proud of the example Carter has for a dad. He is following in his dads footsteps and I have no doubt that Carter will grow up to be an amazing Young Man and priesthood holder himself.
So here are a few thought that stuck with me from the talks at the re-dedication. First the matron of the temple spoke about when we have those promptings to go to the temple, we need to heed them because that is our Heavenly Father desiring to answer a prayer, or desiring to speak to us. I have had times in my life, particularly in the last couple weeks, where I have been seeking answers to prayers, or needed personal guidance, and I have thought, "I should go to the temple". I rarely make the time to go. How silly it is of me to not go. My Heavenly Father is probably shaking his head at me thinking; " oh Jylisha! you ask for answers, and I am trying to answer them, but you are not listening to my promptings. Go to the temple and you will receive your answers". I will definitely try harder to do better at listening and then acting when I have those thoughts.
Another point that really stood out was a very simple thing. President Monson said that it was not so much the words we would hear, but the spirit we would feel that we needed to remember. I cant remember all that I heard and learned yesterday, but I will never forget the spirit I felt, sometimes it reached from the top of my head to the tip of my toes it was so strong. Every time confirming the truthfulness of this gospel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment