Friday, November 16, 2012

Christmas time

I LOVE the Christmas season. Not for the same reasons as most, I could really care less about the gifts. I love to see my kids excitement on Christmas morning, but lets face it, a week later, all those toys are old news. I love the feeling of the Christmas season. I love how everyone all of the sudden becomes more kind, and thoughtful, and more generous. Sure there are always a few nut jobs, but for the most part, mankind is better this time of year. I love that it doesn't really matter what is going on in the world that may depress me or leaved me feeling helpless. I can turn on my Christmas music, and look at all the lights, and feel the peaceful calming feelings of the holidays. Grant says I am crazy for putting the tree up so soon, and I am sure I will regret it as soon as Parker gets his little hands on it, but I need to have that spirit in my home. I am tired of all the bad and depressing, and hopelessness there is in the world. I need to focus on the good, and happy, and the endless possibilities that this season provides. This world was made a better place when our brother and Savior was born in a humble stable, and this season is a daily reminder of how blessed we all still are. Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. You are so good. I'm hoping to get the Christmas Spirit in other ways...I have no idea where our tree is! :)

    ReplyDelete