Saturday, October 27, 2012
Pumpkins,Princess,Pirates, oh my!
We finally got our Halloween pumpkins painted this week. The kids always love an excuse to paint and had a ton of fun doing it. I wanted to make a pumpkin man to sit out on my porch like my mom would do when I was a kid. First the paint was taking way to long to dry and I got impatient so my pumpkin man doesn't look as good as I would like. Then I could not find any close I was willing to ruin, so I used an old lady dress from Allivia's dress up clothes, and my man became a woman. haha. ( a quite busty one too) The kids thought it was pretty funny so I guess that is all that matters.
We had our first big snow fall of the year this week too. I am not a snow person, but I do have fun on the first snow, it just gets annoying after that! Ellie and I had a lot of fun building a snow man, and Daisy was there for moral support!
We had our ward Halloween carnival last night. It is a girls camp fundraiser that I started when I was the young womens president in our ward 6 years ago. The kids loved getting all dressed up and seeing their friends in costume too. This year Ellie decided to be sleeping beauty, Allivia is Bell from Beauty and the Beast, Carter is a ninja, and Parker Parker is a Pirate. I have never seen a cuter pirate in my life!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Adorable costumes! I'm with ya on the snow fall. I miss it here...but in Roswell, we actually had a few snow falls... but not much. So, I miss it, but I know I would hate it after the first few days.
ReplyDelete