Wednesday, October 10, 2012

California Vacation!!!!

The end of July we went to Pete and Gracie Campbell's home in Ione California for a Campbell family reunion. Grant and I decided to drive through the night and watch the sun rise over the Golden Gate Bridge. It was an amazing view! We had breakfast in the city, and then hit as much of San Francisco as we could in one day and with not sleep. I will just say now that we didnt think about the fact that once we got to the city we would have no place to get dressed or brush our teeth or get ready for the day, so we don't look the best, but we had a blast anyway! We took the kids to Fishermans warf and saw the sea lions. We drove down lumbard street, which is the most crooked street in the world. We went to Ocean Beach and played in the water even though it was about 50 degrees outside. I drove by and showed my kids the house that I lived in while I was a nanny. Then we took them to the BEST Chinese food restaurant in the world, Eric's. Grant and I could not believe how fast the kids ate their food!! I love San Francisco, but now that I am a mom, I a grateful that I get to raise my kids in Idaho Falls.







  We then drove to Sacramento to stay the night and shopped till we dropped at the Fulsom California Outlets! We took the kids to Chuckie Cheese for dinner and games (total rip off by the way) the kids love it so it makes it worth the trip. Once we got to Pete and Gracies the real fun started! Everyone but Evelyn and Jason's family were there. The cousins played and played and played. The neatest part of the trip was going to the Big Tree Forest. The forest was filled with the Sequoia tree (a type of red wood tree) It was amazing looking at these HUGE trees that have been there for thousands of years. I couldn't help but think about how something that beautiful couldn't just be a random act of nature. Only Heavenly Father could create just beauty. Everything about that forest was proof of a God. Other than the pesky bees who kept trying to eat our lunch, the day was perfect!!










Another fun part of our vacation was our trip to a local swimming pool. Everyone had a blast having cannon ball and diving contest's.




It wouldnt be a Campbell family reunion without a talent show! The kids had fun playing the piano, violin, singing, doing tricks, and the best part was when Grant and his brothers, Pete, Paul and T.R. sang together. We have such an amazing family. We had so much fun just being together and enjoying eachother's company. The men played with their I pads and the woman talked and cooked amazing food. I am so grateful for an eternal family, and for how blessed we were to be able to go on this vacation.






1 comment:

  1. I'm loving the blog! I grew up near Folsom so your trip to the outlets brought back some good memories for me! Looks like you guys had tons of fun. I love all the cool things you guys are doing!

    ReplyDelete