Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I love to see the temple...


Allivia wanted to visit the Idaho Falls Temple Visitors Center for family Home Evening last night. First we went to Deseret Book and let each kid pick out the Temple Picture of their choice to hang in their bedrooms. Then we went to the Temple. The kids and I walk all round the temple grounds admiring all the gardens, and fountains, and discussing how beautiful the temple is. I told them all about how daddy and I were married there, and even showed them the entrance to where they will be able to do baptisms for the dead when they turned 12.  I think that was Carter's favorite part! He said " only 4 more years till I get to go to the temple mom!" He told me that he wants to go to the temple on his 12th birthday because he is so excited. After a tour of the grounds, we went inside the visitors center. One of the missionaries, Elder Kinghorn showed the kids pictures of different rooms in the temple and told them what we do in them. They were able to look at the statue of the Christ. They touched the marks in his hands and feet from the nails when he was crucified. we watched short video clips and looked at all the Book of Mormon's from around the world. There was so much hands on interactive activities for the kids to learn. It was one of those moments that I wish could go on forever. I saw a little peace of heaven as we learned about the temple and enjoyed just being together as a family. I am so grateful that all this joy doesn't end here, I get to be with my family forever because of this wonderful gospel, and because of the beautiful temple!!

1 comment: