Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Catching Up!


Since this blog is so new, I will just do one big post of the last couple months. We had a great summer, and I dont want to forget all the memories we made!

I have to add these pictures, just because it was awesome!! A guy who lives a few blocks down from me (complete stranger by the way) was out in his front yard with his albino Python, so I pulled over and asked if we could see it. It was so cool and scary at the same time, that snake looked at us like we were his next meal!

Grandpa Eddie taught Carter how to mow the lawn. It has been a big help this summer. Carter is a hard worker, and Grandpa Eddie is a great Grandpa!!
We threw the first annual N. Blvd block party and it was a huge success! All of our neighbors came and we made many new friends. A new tradition has begun :)
One of my neighbors Debbie (red shirt on right) even had her first ever jump on the trampoline!!

On June 26th Ellie turned 4! She wanted a castle cake. It wasnt my best cake by far, but Ellie thought it was the coolest cake ever!! In our family we have a tradition of buying our family a gift for our birthday, Ellie was so excited for Carter and Allivia to open her gifts she bought for them. I think her favorite gift was the movie Tangled. She watches it over and over! I love my sweet spunky little girl!!


It wouldn't be summer without the Soda Springs 4th of July parade and foam fest! We look forward to it every year! No parade has more candy, and lets face it, that is the best part of a parade! Afterwords, the local fire department sprays the ground with fire foam and all the kids run and play in it. The best part of the weekend is the time we spend with our family. Campbell's  from all across the country come together and cousins play, and we eat great food. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful family.
August 24th Grand turned 31! Old man, I know!! I made him a triple layered white chocolate raspberry cake! yum!! I love this man more than life it's self!! I am who I am because of him!! Some day Heavenly Father will have to explain why I deserved to have someone like him come into my life :)



For my niece Emma Stien's birthday we went to Bear Lake. It is probably my favorite place on earth! We had so much fun playing in the sand and swimming in the lake. Even grandma Kathy got into the sand castle building. It was Parkers first time their, I think he will have a greater appreciating when he gets older :) He did love sitting in the sand and eating Cheetos though!!  We have loved having Kendra and Brandons family close again, and I hope they get to stay close forever!!


To end the summer we went to the big Eddie labor day reunion at the 3 peaks lodge in St Anthony! I believe this reunion has be going on for well over 30 years now. They kids all love to spend the weedend with all the cousins. Riding bikes, building towers out of big foam blocks, swimming in the hot tub, climbing the rock wall, sliding down the indoor slide, and eating until our stomachs are about to burst. Its always a weekend to remember!! We had such a great summer, and these are only a few of the highlights. I am going to do a separate post for our California trip! It was the highlight of our summer so it deserves its own post. 









No comments:

Post a Comment