Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Kentucky Trip

So much to say about this trip!! Took 2 1/2 years to go see my sister. I am so thankful for my family who helped make this trip possible!! I haven't flown in about 12 years so I was a little nervous flying with the two boys alone. I had to take Parker and Maddox because I had no one who could care for Parker while I was gone and if I took Maddox, then Grant didn't have to take any vacation time. My flight out of Idaho Falls was delayed because of weather in Denver, which caused me to miss my connection by 10 whole minutes!! I was left to wait for another flight for 7 1/2 hours!! I have never felt anxiety like I did this day. It was terrible!! I found some missionaries who gave me a blessing which helped. After 3-4 hours I was able to calm my nerves and enjoy the rest of the wait. The boys loved the flight!! Parker stole the window every time. :) 






 It was so good to see my sister and her family!! Jaylee is so smart! At 7 she is writing and speaking in Spanish! 


 Sheerstie and I had a lot of fun baking and cooking together 
 One of the funnest things we did was take the kids to the Kentucky children's science museum in downtown Louisville. The kids were in heaven with all the interactive activities!! 






 Last time I saw Aubrey she didn't want much to do with me. This time she was a year older and we were besties!! She gave the best snuggles and knew who to go to when she needed to tattle on someone. She let me do her hair and had the funnest personality!! 


 This was the bridge from Kentucky into Indiana

 We took the kids to Bass Pro Shops to see Santa but it was like a 3 hour wait so we just played and explored for a while and the kids had fun! 


 Kentucky has the most beautiful sunsets!!! 
 Next was Sheersties ward Christmas Party. It was a pajama themed breakfast party. The kids had fun eating waffles and meeting Santa Clause! 



 I love this picture we got of ourselves before Church on Sunday. She has an amazing ward and it was good to see all the friends and support she has. 
 Sheersties church building is right next door to the Kentucky Temple. It was a small temple but beautiful!! 


 Selfie time with Jaylee 
 I was so glad I brought my boys! The cousins had so much fun playing with each other!! We really didn't have to entertain them much as all. 
 After Sheerstie and I would get kids to bed, we would eat yummy brownies and ice cream and spend all night talking and laughing together. I really miss having her closer!! 


 We took the kids to the mall to play and shop and see Santa. He was the absolute best Santa I have ever seen!! You couldn't take your own pictures inside the Santa shop but Santa told me a little secret of a spot outside of his shop where I could get a good shot. He even had the kids pose for a picture for me. 


 We made a quick stop at the Kentucky Derby. It is closed for the winter but quite the impressive place!! 


 Parker doesnt warm up easily to people, but if Sheerstie got out this book about cars, he was right there every time!! It was so sweet to watch. 
 Caden taught us how to make meat, cheese and pickle kabobs!! They have been a huge hit ever since. 
 Saying goodbye to some of my favorite people! I love these kids!! 
 We tried to take a crying selfie but kept ending up laughing hysterically!! She will be so made if she see's I posted this picture haha 
It really was so sad to say goodbye to her and the kids. The flight home went so much better!! We were tired but the boys were flying pro's! We were so excited to see daddy and the big kids when we landed. It was an amazing trip! I wish I could go see them more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment