Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Field trip to Humanitarian Center

Ellies teacher wanted to help the kids think about those in need more over the Christmas season. I suggested we go on a walking field trip to the Humanitarian Center. It was amazing!! It was so cool to see all the good this center does for so many people! They do everything from quilts, to hygiene kits, to therapy tools and homeless mats. The kids were fascinated too!! They let every child paint a wooden toy and gave them all a new hat to stay warm in the winter. I look forward to the day when I have free time to volunteer my time here!! Ellie's class did a sock drive to donate to the center and collected over 500 pair of socks! I was very proud of them for thinking of others who are truly in need. 






No comments:

Post a Comment