So I have to give a little background on Daisy before my story. We adopted her from the shelter 3 years ago. She was in such bad shape that she was being fostered till she was healthy enough to be adopted. She had been starved and abused, and was barely alive when she was turned into the shelter. When she was fostered she was allowed on the furniture, and slept in bed with the lady. When we adopted her, we didnt allow her on our furniture because she sheds and I have hair issues (which are a totally different post) She is an indoor dog and very much part of our family. Daisy didnt like being left alone, if we leave we would crate her inside til we got back and she was comfortable with that. So these last few months, I have started leaving Daisy un-kenneled when I leave, at first just for a minute or two, and now she can last several hours in the house just fine. I will admit it has been nice for me and I am sure her too. Well, now to my point..... A couple weeks ago I was sitting on my couch and Daisy jumps up and lays on the couch next to me, I told her to get down and wondered why after 3 years she thinks she is allowed on the couch. This has happened a couple times now and It started to make me wonder what she does when we leave the house. So Monday night when we were going to Reeds Dairy for home evening treats, we set up one of the I Pods to record her. We were not even out of the driveway before Daisy jumped up on the couch and laid down!! A couple minutes later we watched her get into the kitchen garbage and bring a plate out to the living room rug and lick it clean, after eating garbage for a few minutes, she jumped back onto the couch where she took a nice nap for over an hour til we got home. As soon as she heard the car pull in, she jumped off the couch and ran to the door to greet us as we walked in. I just had to laugh as we watched the video, I thought I would be mad, but I thought, she is one smart dog!! Why would she want to lay on the hard wood floors when we are gone when she could have free rain of the furniture, and no one would ever know? That Daisy aint no dummy!! Grant did not think it was funny at all, and she was punished. I am pretty sure she is not going to be napping on my couch again, atleast for a while.....
Cherish the moments. My question is, did she was and dry her plate after her "snack?"
ReplyDelete