Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Mommy Kid Date time!
My kids love to go on "Dates" with Grant and I. It is a great time to spend one on one time with them. Allivia's Date with me was to Reeds Dairy. I was in a good mood so I let her have the double scoop ice cream cup. It was huge! She blended 3 flavors, cookies and cream, grasshopper,(kind of a mint chip with caramel) and bubble gum. Eventually I took pity on her, and grabbed a spoon to help. It was the least I could do.. hehe
Carter had some money he got from the tooth fairy, so I took him shopping to spend it. He ended up getting some sort of edible slime making machine, and a wooden 3D dragon puzzle that he had to assemble. It was a big project! I would like to say that I helped him assemble it..... but I don't have the patience or attention span for puzzles, let alone a 3D model. It was right up Grants ally though. Now he just has to paint it.
For Ellie's Date, I let her invite a couple friends and we went to the pet store to look at animals. Parker had to tag along on our date too, but Ellie didn't mind. They were like a pack of wild monkeys as soon as they entered the store! They were completely fascinated with everything from the dog houses, to the fish, birds, lizards, ferrets and so one! They couldn't stay in one area more than 30 seconds. I had to laugh at their excitement in such simple things. Parker really loved following them around and looking at the animals too. Afterwords we went to the dollar store to get a prize for their good behavior. After about 20 minutes of deciding what prize they all wanted, I realized that I didn't even have my wallet with me! They were all good sports about it. We drove home and got my wallet and then went to the dollar store closer to home to get a prize. We only had one incident were Ellie and her friend Bryce were arguing weather or not Ellie is nice. He said she wasn't and she said she was, it went back and forth a couple times, and finally Ellie said "I am nice!" and then punched him in the arm. I am sure she had him convinced she was nice after that. We had to have a talk about what it means to be nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just love your kids...and I have so much sympathy for Ellie. She's got hold of my heart strings and is tugging right now.
ReplyDeleteKenzi is still talking about the pet store. She thinks we need to go for FHE. Thanks. :) We think Ellie is nice! We love her!
ReplyDelete