Monday, March 18, 2013

family time!

A couple weeks ago Carter convinced us to take the family roller skating. I can remember how cool it was to go when I was a kid!! The last time we went skating was when Carter was a baby. It was quite the adventure!! Parker had it easy because he just had to sit in the stroller and get pushed around. Grant and Carter went all out and rented roller blades! Allivia and Ellie and I went old school and got the skates. We were only able to skate for a little over an hour which was great for me because I was totally worn out from trying to keep my balance while helping Allivia and Ellie to keep theirs!! I am not going to lie, those girls are not gifted skaters!! We pretty much kept to the outside hand rails the entire hour. I think they liked skating on the carpeted area outside the rink better. We did have a lot of fun, and I am sure it wont be our last trip to the rink.  I didn't get the best pictures because of the lighting, and it takes major skill to roller skate and take pictures at the same time. :)







When we were leaving the roller skating rink, we ran into our friends the Hathaways. We decided to go to the church gym and play some games. We played a game called sharks and guppies where two people are the shark and everyone else is a guppy. We could only run along the lines of the gym. If you got tagged, you became a shark and it went until everyone was a shark. It was so much fun, and I got a great workout running from all those fast kids!!  Next we split into two teams and played an old fashion game of kickball which was a ton of fun too. I love it when we can have quality family time together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment