Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Surgery

When I was prego with Ellie I got an umbilical hernia. I didn't know until I was pregnant with Parker and my new OB explained it to me. It got worse with Maddox's pregnancy. Since we are now done having babies and the deductible is met, I decided to have it fixed. We had Dr Claine Judy from Pocatello do the surgery. Grant served in an Elders Quorum presidency with him when we lived in the Pocatello Highland Stake. He is an amazing man, and we wouldn't have wanted anyone else to do the surgery. I didn't think it would be a big deal to have the surgery done. When we got to the Blackfoot surgery center they informed me that I could not nurse Maddox for 24-48 hours!! I was freaking out!!!! None of my 5 kids have ever taken a bottle and I was so nervous he wouldn't either. I was wishing at that moment that my sister and best friend Sheerstie was here so she could feed my baby ( its an ongoing joke we have because apparently my mom and her sisters use to nurse each others babies when they were young) Luckily when Dr. Judy got their, he said I only had to pump and dump for the next couple of feeding. I said a silent prayer and sent Grant to Walmart to buy a pump, formula and bottles.
Surgery went well, waking up was super hard and I couldn't figure out why they kept putting food in my mouth and giving me drinks. I was so tired I could hardly chew :) Then they kicked me out before I could hardly walk on my own :) I pretty much slept for 2 days after that. Maddox did amazing and took a bottle great! It was such a blessing!!! Grant was such a help. He took care of me, the house and the kids. So many friends and family came to help with cooking, cleaning, kids and visiting with me so I wasn't to bored. Recovery wasn't to bad. It was very difficult not to lift though. I had a weight lifting restriction for 2 weeks!! That meant no lifting Parker and he is a total mommas boy. He handled it well, and makes me carry him everywhere now that I can lift again. I still cant do much exercise for 3 more weeks and that is a bummer but I look forward to getting back at it soon. I love my new innie bellybutton too :)
 I gave myself a cute pedicure in preparation for surgery, but then they made me wear compression sock and ugly brown socks so they didn't get to see my cute toes :)
 Before

 After. 
My eyes were so heavy, I couldn't seem to open them.

Maddox spent a lot of time in this stroller after surgery. It was very difficult for me to hold him for a few days, so I pushed him around the house in the stroller. As you can tell by the picture, he didn't mind much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment