I guess I am on a Parker kick again. :) I was thinking how funny Parker's bedtime routine is, and I thought it would be a fun thing to read back on in 10 years. Some day I can look back and think "how did I ever do it?"
So this is a typical night putting Parker to bed.
me: Parker its time for bed
P: no nap no nap!!
Then I ask if he wants a baba (drink of water from a cup, he hasn't had a bottle in his life haha) we get a drink, then he wants a piece of gum and a mint. After the drink, the gum and the mint, I tuck him in bed. The blankets have to be just so, with both arms under the blankets. Next we say prayers. We say the basics, thanks for the day, all the fun, bless me to sleep well, bless my family and so on. Then he has to pray for each member of the family individually. occasionally he adds the kids friends in the mix too. Lately he wants to bless things like colors, and the hall light. I just go with it :)
Then I say night night, I love you and begin to walk out of the room. This is the point when he decides he needs another "baba" while we are getting a drink, he insists on another mint or gum. Half way down the hall back to bed, he yells out "baba" again then laughs when I actually give him one. This kid knows he is the boss and its pretty sad :) Once we tuck back in bed, we have to say prayers all over again. Then somehow his arms come out of the blankets so I have to tuck them back in. After an arm tucking, we must say prayers again. Then I say night night I love you and leave the room again. Within a minute or two, he will fake cry. We walk in the room, and he will be laying on the ground at the end of his bed, and he will tell us he fell out of bed..... yeah right. Then the baba, mint, gum, tucking, prayers routine takes place again!!!
Eventually after 15-30 minutes he goes to sleep... for a few hours....
Its a good thing he is so dang cute! I just cant say no to his adorable face!!! Once in a while he throws a curve ball and goes right to bed the first time. I love those nights :) Oh Parker Parker, how boring life would be without you!
Oh my!
ReplyDeleteapparently its been a LONG time since i have checked your blog because I just read the good bye to me post:( It really is like I died huh:) hard goodbye and then life goes on as usual:)
ReplyDelete