Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Chuckers baseball, 16 innings and 3 fights = crazy night.

 Our seats right down the first baseline. The kids loved giving the players five as they walked past every inning.
 Their Charlie Chucker autographs!! 
 Parker was TERRIFIED of Charlie!! He wanted nothing to do with this photo! 
 Mad Dog and mommy enjoying a good baseball game. See, Maddox doesn't even take his eyes off the game for this picture :) hehe
 One of the players tossed a ball to Carter after one of the innings. 
Mollie and Parker laying down under the picnic table. It was late for these little guys. 

So the first 8 innings of the game were a typical game. Top of the 8th inning, we had a 5 point lead. The Ogden Raptors then hit a triple with bases loaded and then ended up tying the game. When it was our bat, one of our players tried to steal second and got called out. Our coach threw a fit, then the game moved on. A couple minutes later I noticed the ump arguing with the Raptor coach, I only assume it had to do with the call earlier, not sure. Raptors were at bat now. Mason Martin dropped his ball and I pointed to where it went, I look back up, and both teams are storming the field!!! It broke out into a full 2 team fight!! At first the umpires tried to split it up, but then ended up just watching from the outside of the circle of the fight. The first fight continued for about 5 minutes. The umpires kicked coaches and players from both games out of the game. We watched a lot of bloody players leaving the field. I was personally disappointing on how the raptors players were booed off the field, but when our guys were leaving, everyone cheered like they were proud of the fight. I thought it was childish, especially with a crowd full of kids!! 
Little did we know this was not the end of it!! A couple minutes later another fight broke out just off the field, about 20 feet from where we were sitting. People from the stands started running towards the fight, even small kids. The announcer had to get on the speakers and tell people to not interfere with the fight. Within minutes, 4 cop cars showed up. There was a lot of cussing and yelling and players holding other players back from another fight. It was so crazy!!!! Eventually the game started up again. It was a tied game and ended up going 16 innings. We left at almost midnight. At that point it was top of the 13th I think. My friend told me that another Raptors coach ended up getting mad and tossed a bucket of balls and then was tossed from the game. Luckily, the Idaho Falls Chuckers ended up winning the game.
I also found out how the fight first started. I assumed it was the catcher and batter who started fighting, but oh no!! It was the Raptors Manager who stormed the field and punched the Chuckers Manager. Then after being tossed from the game, he waited by the locker rooms for our manager who was also tossed, and started the fight again!! Pretty sad!! Hope there will be some sort of punishment  for their actions because it was not cool at all in my book. Exciting, but not when I have to explain to all my kids why they were fighting and why it was wrong.  All in all though, very exciting game, and not one what we will forget any time soon :) Thanks for the tickets Carlie and Justin haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment