this is what it looked like immediately after.
after waiting 2 hours.
My sweet Ellie had quite the day last Sunday. I was making homemade bread in my Kitchen Aid, and I had the dough kneading. I left the room for a minute, and quickly heard Ellie screaming. I rushed back into the kitchen (as fast as I could at 37 weeks prego :) I noticed her hand was already very swollen. I asked what happened and she said she had stuck her hand in the kitchen aid to see if the dough was done yet. The dough hook caught her hand and it didn't look to good!! I tried waiting a couple hours to see if it would improve with ice and anti inflammatory, but it wasn't, so we loaded up and headed to Community Care. It was a very long hour and a half wait!! I literally fell asleep in the room a couple times. Finally they wrapped Ellie's hand and sent us on our way with no news of weather it was broke or not. The kids were already at church without us, so we went to Church and awaited the news. About an hour later they finally called and told me it was not broken, which was great news!! She needed to stay in her splint for a week while it healed.I could not believe how well she adapted to only have 2 fingers. She could write, color, and ride her bike. Her hand is looking much better now. It is still very bruised, but the swelling is way down and the splint is gone!! Hopefully it was a learning experience for both of us. First don't stick your hand in the mixer while it is going, and second, don't leave kids alone in the kitchen while the mixer is going.
That looks horrible! I'm so glad it wasn't broken.
ReplyDelete