So the rest of the day didn't go so hot after the parade. There were a few good moments, but over all the day was an epic failure! :) What plans we did have, fell through, the kids were tired and grouchy. Our spot that we go to on the greenbelt every year has been discovered and was so crowded!! Time to find a new spot I guess. Around 9:30pm I was taking pictures of the kids on the dock under the bridge that leads to Freeman Park. In the back ground of the picture you can see the rescue boat. I assumed that it was doing a routine sweep of the river, but we found out later that a man had tried to swim to Kiefers Island and drown in the river. It delayed the firework show an hour while they searched for his body. By 10:45 Ellie was falling asleep and Parker was not far behind her, so we loaded up our bikes and headed for home. The show started up at 11 so we stopped to watch the show, but about 30 seconds into it Carter had to go to the bathroom and could not hold it. So we listened to the fireworks as we biked home and finished watching the show from our back yard. I wasn't in the best of moods. We let the 2 kids that were still awake do some fireworks in our driveway and then we were off to bed... or so we thought. All the fireworks had Daisy in a frenzy. She was pacing the floor and whining. She even jumped up in our bed to snuggle me at one point. (she is not allowed on the furniture) Poor girl was so frightened of all the fireworks outside. I was glad to greet a new day today! I am hoping for a better 4th next year.
I did not get to many pictures either. There were so many people on one cell tower that no ones phones would work. They finally asked us all to power our phones down so the rescue divers could communicate with each other.
This was how crowded our spot was when we got there, normally there is no one in the street until the fireworks start.
See the boat in the background
I couldn't get the kids to look at the camera because they wanted to watch the boat.
Ellie and Parker were so tired, poor kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment