For Memorial Day my dads side of the family gets together every year. We meet at the cemetery in Rigby for the 21 gun salute and then this year we went to my Aunt Marilyn's home for a bbq after. I decided to make a new cupcake recipe this year called smore's cupcakes. This is what they were supposed to look like.....
Well my first mistake was waiting till the morning of to make the cupcakes. It was a very wet batter and for some unkown reason most of the cupcakes sank in the middle. I was very upset to say the least! I kept trying to figure out how to salvage my mess in time, but I had no great ideas. Instead of keeping my cool, I threw a temper tantrum and pouted about it for a while. Finally I ended us scraping the cupcakes and made a yummy sausage dip instead. I didn't know what to do with 2 dozen cupcakes though. They looked horrible but they tasted amazing!! Later that afternoon after returning from my family gathering, Grant came to my rescue! He removed all the cupcakes from their liners and smashed them into a cake pan. They looked like brownies! I made the marshmallow cream frosting and frosted the "cake" we smashed up a couple graham crackers and sprinkled them on top and them decorated it with squares of Hershey chocolate.
The result....... culinary perfection! It actually ended up being one of the best tasting cakes I have ever made! Did it look as pretty as the cupcake picture? No. But boy did it taste good! I learned a good lesson that day! First, nothing productive happens by throwing a temper tantrum! Second, I need to listen to my Husband more! He is my better half for sure! He was so sweet to come to my rescue and think of a solution to my problem. In the future, I will cook a day ahead, listen to my husband more, and make smore cakes instead of cupcakes...
No comments:
Post a Comment