Sunday, April 27, 2014

Its done! it's done! The basement is finally done!!

After 3 months of hard work by Grant and many others, the basement is finally finished!! We still have a couple tiny things to do,  some decorating and some furniture to move back down, but all the construction mess is gone!! Finally I can focus on having a baby this month :)
 The girls room and walk in closet

 MY NEW BATHROOM!! 

 The new open family room
 Carter's room. We have not moved his furniture in yet but we will this week. 

I love love love the new carpet!! Crazy thing is that the carpet is fairly new and it has been so popular that they ran out of it at the warehouse. The carpet installer told me that they almost had to cancel my order and that the people after me were told to either wait several weeks or order another type of carpet. I feel very blessed that it worked out for us. I got a message on my phone the day after they installed telling me they could not carpet my basement and I needed to come in and choose another carpet. It was pretty funny. I feel like I have a new house!! We have spent all our time downstairs the last couple days. Last night was the first night is 3 months that the kids slept in their own beds and not on the magic bed in my living room. No more projects for this family in the near future!
I can not thank our family and friends enough for all their help getting this project done before baby Maddox arrives!

2 comments: