Carter had a great time doing his Derby car this year. Dad was very very busy working on our basement remodel so I had to step in and help a little which I really enjoyed doing. Grant says you can tell by looking at the car that "a woman got involved" haha. I thought it looked amazing. :) Grant let Carter carve his own car again with a pocket knife. He came up with the design and everything. I stepped in when it was time to paint. The car had such an amazing wood grain and so I suggested he stain it instead. Carter was all for the idea and it turned out pretty cool. Carter had the idea to put a matchbox car on top to add weight instead of the standard weights you usually put under the car. The car raced great and he had a blast beginning to end. Since the derby, Carter also earned his Bear and has moved into Weblos. He is very excited about scouting. We are very very very proud of our son!!
No comments:
Post a Comment