Sister Faagai, myself, sister Collins
I love these sisters!! Sister Faagai is from Oklahoma and her father is from Samoa, and sister Collins is from Samoa. They are so awesome!! I feel like I have some Samoan blood in me somewhere haha. They are amazing missionaries and I would spend all day every day going out with them sharing the gospel. Sister Collins arrived here straight from the MTC right as the snow hit. She had never seen it before, and sadly both sisters had never experienced winter before. I was their personal weather woman. I would text them every morning to let them know how cold it would be that day. I noticed around Christmas time that neither sister had boots made for the cold weather. They would wear several pair of socks and would slip and slide all over the ice. Grant and I, along with our awesome Bishop Orgill, decided to buy them new boots for Christmas.
I took the sisters shopping after the new year. Sister Collins was so excited to go to a mall!! Funny the little things we take for granted. It took the entire day to find a pair of boots that would work for both sisters, but we finally did it!! We made a trip to Rumbi Island Grill to have a little island food for lunch too.
Sister Collins just got transferred and it was a sad day :( luckily she was transferred to the Temple Visitors Center part time, so I can go visit her any time. Sister Faagai has been here almost 6 months now, so I expect her to go next transfer.
It has been such a blessing having sister missionaries in our ward, and I feel so blessed to have been able to serve even a little bit with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment