Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My mom has a mustache

Yesterday I went with Allivia's 1st grade class on a field trip to Freeman Park. We walked there from the school. All the kids packed sack lunches to eat at the park and then they played games with all the balls and Frisbee's and the giant parachute. I taught them how to play kickball which was a lot of fun, as long as I didn't expect them to really follow the rules :) After a few hours of fun in the sun, we packed up and walked back to the school. When we got back, we had about 25 minutes till the end of school, so Miss Billings told the kids they could have free time to play games. Allivia, Ellie, myself and a boy who we will call "John" decided to play "Guess Who" It is a game with a board full of faces of men and woman. Each person draws a card that has a picture of the person they get. Then they ask each other yes and no questions to try and figure out who the other persons guy it. Clear as mud? ok! So Allivia and Ellie were on one team and John and I were on the other. John asked Allivia if her person was a woman and she said yes, so I told him to put down all the tabs that had pictures of a man on them. When he got to one picture, he hesitated and asked me "is this a woman?" I told him, "No, look he has a mustache." Then he looks me dead in the eyes and tells me........ "my mom has a mustache." What do you say to that? I didn't want to laugh because he was dead serious! So I just looked back at the game board and said, " Well this one is a man" and the game continued on. Shame on me for assuming that only men have mustaches!!! The curious side of me would really like to meet Johns mom some day!! hahahahaha

2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I would have laughed out loud--then followed him home to get a peek! :)

    ReplyDelete