Monday, June 17, 2013

Island Park Vacation

Oh my word we had so much fun on our trip to Island Park last week!! Our good friends, the Theurnagles invited us to their cabin again. The boys stayed home and worked while Keisha and I took the kids for a few days of fun! Sadly the weather was not in our favor the whole week, but we didn't let that ruin the fun. I took atleast 100 pictures and video, so narrowing it down to the best ones is going to be difficult. Just be prepared for a very long post :)



Even though it was overcast and rainy the first day, we snuck down to the reservoir to play in the water. It was cold, but the kids had fun playing in the sand. 

When it was rainy, we got creative. I made a slide out of the table. The kids had a lot of fun playing on it. I am pretty sure the big kids played on it more than the little kids. I felt bad when I heard that the table broke... whoops. Sorry Oliver :)





I had so much fun taking these pictures! I told the kids to run up the small hill and jump when they hit the top. They did it over and over and over, and then would want to see the pictures after. Joey has some major hops!! Olivia and Allivia were to girly to join in on the fun. They gathered flower's instead.

Keisha and I had a good laugh on this picture because I told them to all line up so I could take a picture and afterwords we noticed how they had split into 3 groups for the picture.

It was barely 60 degrees this day but the kids wanted to play in the water. They had fun! My kids of course spent most of the time on the beach playing in the sand. I really need to teach these kids to swim!!


We played a lot of games!


Instead of sleeping on the mattresses, they built forts out of them and slept inside. The kids even made "Do not Enter" signs and had a time out chair for anyone who broke their fort. 



Parker loved to climb the stairs and play peek a boo with me.
Friday night after a rain storm we saw this beautiful rainbow!! 


Friday night Oliver and Grant came up. Grant brought some window cleaning equipment and cleaned their windows and changed out a couple light bulbs that were burned out. He did a pretty good job considering he only had one small squeegee and no holster to hold his stuff.


Aubrey is seriously the coolest 12 year old I know.Parker loves her and she is great with my kids. She took them all for rides on the four wheeler.


The boys had fun shooting bb guns. I showed them how to shoot the tin cans. ( I hit the can on my first shot just an fyi)
We are so lucky to have such great friends!! We all got along so well, and made memories that will last a lifetime.








No comments:

Post a Comment