Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Quality time

I am not one to go out and play in the snow. I don't like winter time, and I hate being cold and wet. My kids on the other hand love it!! I did too as a kid. I remember coming in the house after hours of playing in the snow and I couldn't feel my hands or feet. Yesterday we got dumped on, and school was canceled. I bet there was about a foot of fresh snow on the ground. I spent the morning shoveling our driveway and a couple of the neighbors too. That is my favorite part of the snow, shoveling it. Weird I know, but its a great workout! My kids kept begging and begging to go out and play in the snow. I didn't want to take them sledding because I was to chicken to brave the snowy roads. We decided to just play in the front yard. Who would have thought that it would turn into 2 of the funnest hours I have spent with my kids in as long as I can remember. We started by shoveling a bunch of snow into a huge pile. The snowman thing just wasn't working out because the snow was to powdery. We didn't know what the pile was for but it kept the kids busy. After building a giant pile of snow, we decided to have a snowball fight. It was fun having the kids run, and I would try to hit them with a snowball. It reminded me of that scene from Elf where Buddy and his brother are throwing snowballs at the bullies. We had a lot of good laughs. Later I had an idea to have the kids sled down the hill we had just built. It was actually a ton of fun! I even went down a few times :) I learned a great lesson yesterday. It may have been easier to stay inside and watch the kids play, but it was much more fun to go out with them, and to create memories with them that I will never forget, and hopefully they wont either. 

2 comments:

  1. You're such a good mom. Good job braving the cold and snow! Your kids will never forget the fun, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. even if they do forget, I have the proof right here :)

    ReplyDelete