Thursday, January 10, 2013

Parkers 1st birthday!

I cant decide if this past year flew by or if it took forever!! It was definitely the hardest year for me. Parker has not been an easy baby by any means, but I just know that means he will be an amazing kid!  Adjusting to 4 kids I thought would be a breeze! Everyone always told me that if you can handle 3 kids you can handle anything, well they were wrong! :) As hard as this last year has been, we have been equally blessed. I have learned so many amazing lessons, and I have become a better person, wife and mother because of Parker. I am so blessed to be his mom, and I am extremely grateful that my Heavenly Father trusted me to be his mother and to raise him.
So his birthday happened in two phases :) On his actual birthday we celebrated by going out to dinner as a family, and opening presents.





He wasnt to excited to open his presents, and of course had no clue that it was his birthday.  So his sisters were very willing to help out! One gift we got him was a little peoples farm set, which we figured he would have to grow into, but it ended up being his favorite gift. He has had a ton of fun playing with all his favorite toys.
Part 2 of his birthday was a party with his cousin Jaylee who he shares a birthday with. We celebrated as grandma and grandpa Eddies house. My sister Sheerstie and I both made cakes and all the uncle and aunts and cousins came to celebrate with us. It is always fun watching them eat their first piece of cake and make a mess all over the place. I made Parker furry monster cup cakes. The eyes were made out of dum dum suckers and peach candy rings. At first Parker just wanted to eat the suckers and candy, it took a little coaxing to get him to eat the cupcake so I could get a few pics. It was a fun day, and we were glad to be able to celebrate it with our family.
Parker's furry monster!
Jaylee's furry monster
Allivia, Ellie, and I had so much fun making these!
Happy Birthday sweet Jaylee! She was so protective of her cake. she stayed close by to make sure no cousins messed with it, and every once in a while, she would sneak a lick of frosting when mom and dad were not looking :)

The birthday boy!


After we sang happy birthday, it was total ciaos! Uncle Sam couldn't dish the plates up fast enough for all the "starving" cousins.



I think Parker is like his mom and dad, not a huge fan of frosting. :) he really enjoyed the suckers though!

At first Jaylee protested the whole cake and ice cream part, but then when no one was watching, I caught her in the kitchen with Grandpa Eddie eating her furry monster. Her face was priceless! She would look around to see if anyone was watching, then take a bite, and even when she was eating it, her eyes were scanning the room for anyone to see her.





All in all, the party was a success! Parker got lots of presents which he loves! The cousins all had fun eating cake and ice cream and playing together, and we got to spend time with our family who we love and miss! Aunt Amber was sick and Grandma and Grandpa Campbell were in Arizona so they missed out on all the fun, and we missed them! Happy 1st Birthday Parker Eddie Campbell!!!




 


No comments:

Post a Comment