Friday, November 6, 2015

Has evil become good, and good evil?

I deleted my Facebook app off my phone for the first time ever this morning. I am sure its not a permanent thing, but for a while for sure! I cant handle the hatred and negativity everywhere. We are a people who believe in free speech as long as my speech is what they tell me I should believe. We are a society who loves shows and music about drugs, sex, violence, murder, and profanity, but heaven forbid someone say a prayer or mention God!!!! A man has a sex change to become a woman and we award him with praise and a medal. A christian football player speaks of his faith and the entire country is in an uproar and tells him to keep his faith to himself. A lion is accidentally killed in Africa and the man who shot the lion has to go into hiding for fear of his life, yet all over this country we are murdering babies by the thousands each day and our government pays for it!! I don't understand..... I feel I am free to share my opinions as long as those opinions go along with what the world decides that day I should believe that day. If my opinions vary than I am a bully, or bigot, or discriminating. Why inst it OK for me to believe something different than someone else? Why is it when we disagree with someone else, it has to be made into a personal attack rather than a kind conversation? 
Yesterday, my church made a policy change when it came to children of same sex relationships. I understand peoples confusion or sadness. What I don't get, is that when we hear something we don't understand, our first response it to turn to the Facebook world to make sense of it. Why are we not turning to our knees and asking our Father in Heaven for understanding? Isn't this his world? Are we not his children? Does he not know the whole picture? Do we not have faith in him anymore? All over Facebook this morning were posts from lds and non lds friends talking about these changes. It is everyone's right to believe what they want to believe, what I don't understand is why they have to hate, and bully those who choose to have faith or believe differently. All we have to do it pray. Ask him to give us understanding. God does not only love some of us, he loves us ALL!! no matter who we are or how we live our lives, HE LOVES US! It breaks my heart that people could think he feels otherwise. I am so thankful for my testimony of Jesus Christ and his church. I know Thomas S. Monson is a true Prophet of God. I know that he speaks through our prophet just in days of old, what he wants us to know and learn. I also know that I have the right to pray and receive my own revelation of what is true and what is not. There is no grey area, things are black and white. When the world becomes grey, there is danger. I have decided to spend more of my time in the scriptures and journaling and reading good books, and less time reading what everyone on Facebook is angry about today. I decide what to allow into my home and my mind. The world is becoming to confusing and I don't want to get mixed up in the confusion. I don't ever want to forget who I am or what I believe. The more the world pulls away from God, the more I know I need to draw more near to him. I sometimes fear for my kids and the world they will know, but I do my best to teach them in my home so they are prepared. I pray for them every day. I pray for our country, and leaders, that they will have the desire to know and have a relationship with Heavenly Father. We need to hold tight to what we know to be true and filter out the rest. 
Personal rant over... man I feel better now :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment