
Sunday, November 15, 2015
Allivias volleyball
Alliva is finally old enough to play on a city volleyball team! She loves volleyball!!! I want to share a experience she had that i believe was a great life lessons learned for her. First off, my good friend was able to get Allivia onto an excellent team!! She was so excited, and so was I! The coach was great and knew what she was doing. Allivia's best friend Tayler also wanted to play, but the coach didn't know if she would have room for Tayler on the team. She invited them both to the first practice anyway. The girls loved it!! Sadly a couple days later,the coach informed me that she only wanted 7 girls on her team so there was not room for Tayler. I saw a great teaching opportunity in front of me. I asked Allivia " You can stay on the team, but Tayler will not be be able to play, or you can choose to leave the team and be put on the waiting list for another team." At this time, Taylers grandma and guardian had been diagnosed with stage 4 Lung Cancer and could not take her to practices or games. So basically if Tayler was not on our team, she would not be able to play. Allivia was devastated!! She cried and cried and cried! She wanted to play with her friend, but was afraid that if we put her on the waiting list, she might not get picked up and would not be able to play. She had a hard choice to make. It was even a little hard for me I am sad to admitt. We both knew what the right thing was to do! I promised Allivia that if she did not get picked up, that I would put together a team and coach. Finally 1 week before the first game, we got a call that the city had hired a coach to coach two teams of girls that were still on the waiting list!! Our coach had never played volleyball before, so I ended up helping coach both teams in practice but only our team on game day. The girls were blessed to be on the same team and had a wonderful season!! We were not the best team in the league but had a blast playing. I learned a few lessons myself, like how I need to learn to keep my cool better in the heat of the game :)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment