Friday, April 12, 2013

3-2-1 Let it Rip!

Yesterday was Carters 9th birthday! I am so not old enough to have a 9 year old!! I promised him months ago that he could have a party this year, so we have been working all week to prepare his bey blade tournament party! All the kids were told to bring their best beyblade or use one of Carters. I stressed and cleaned and decorated all day! (who knows why, boys could care less anyway!) I spent about 3 hours just decorating his awesome beyblade cakes!
originally there were 3 cakes, but then reality hit, and I cut it back to 2! 
 This was the battle arena!
a couple of the bey blade decorations
candy bars and certificate for each guest. The winner of the tournament won the giant kit kat and a 1st place certificate
.
by 4pm the table was set, decorations were hung, the arena was ready for battle, and all Carters friends arrived!!


I printed a tournament bracket and the boys battled, cheering on their favorites, and trash talking the competition, until it was down to the final two competitors... Joey Theurnagle and Jaxon Hathaway.
                            The competition was fierce! But Joey came out on top and claimed victory!
By now the boys had worked up a good apatite so we went to the kitchen for some pizza, chips and soda. I should not be surprised about the topics of conversation I heard! I learned some things I did not want to know! :0) They had a burping contest, and Carter showed them all how he can burp his ABC's. I drew the line when a couple of them wanted to have a farting contest. Gross!!





Carter had fun opening presents! He was spoiled for sure, and was so excited to play with everything after.

Grant bought him his own Swiss army knife and wrapped it in duct tape! He was super excited about that gift!!

Finally it was time to sing happy birthday, blow out the candles and eat cake and ice cream!! The cake was really good if I do say so myself :) Every single kid had seconds. After cake and ice cream, the boys battled again until parents showed up.


Overall the party was a Huge success!! Everyone was happy, and had fun, and Carter got spoiled rotten!! (he deserved it) and Mom was tired!! No more parties for a while for this lady! :0)


2 comments:

  1. yeah, you're way old to have a 9 year old!! ;) looks like a fun party--you're good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great party! You are such a fun mother!

    ReplyDelete