My Grandma Walker was one of the most amazing women I have ever known! She has had many trials in her life, she lost her husband very young with 5 kids to raise, she worked hard her whole life to provide for her family. She always knew that family was more important than anything else and we were always her priority. She was strong and independent, and always done up with her hair and nails. She was very classy. She had a way of always making us feel special. The week before she passed, we knew it was getting close. I had the chance to go visit her one last time. The nurses said she was very agitated , but when I went in she seemed calm. She told me that she was watching for Grandpa Eddie to come get her but she hasn't seen him yet. She had a hard time talking but she would look into my eyes and just stare. I could tell she was saying so much to me and it almost meant more than words could have. We held hands and I rubbed her feet. I sat with her and sang terribly through my tears. I sang two little babes and all my favorite primary songs. I even face timed with Sheerstie and we sang to her together. I talked to her about our last family Christmas Party and how fun it was. When I spoke about the Grandma Walker Fish Pond, she smiled at me. I knew she could hear and understand me. It was such a special time together as we both said goodbye to each other. A few days later after my Dad and all his siblings were there together with her, she passed away peacefully and into my Grandpas loving waiting arms.
Grandma left behind a pretty amazing legacy! 5 children, 22 grandchildren, 76 great grandchildren, and 11 great great grandchildren. That is pretty impressive!!
These are the flowers my siblings and I ordered for her funeral. They turned our beautiful!!
She passed away on Valentines day, which was probably the best date she could have asked for reuniting with her 2 husbands who has passed away already.
The oldest grandson from each family were the pallbearers
Her casket was so beautiful! classy just like she was
All the grand kids sang at the funeral.
The lunch after the burial.
Parker and Maddox having some fun
The kids all took home a rose from the funeral
No comments:
Post a Comment