Thursday, July 23, 2015

Does Heavenly Father speak to us through Dream?

My entire life I have always remembered my dreams. I remember as a kid, waking up every morning and telling my parents about the crazy dreams I had that night. Usually I can link them back to a show I had watched the day before or something. There has been a few times in my life where my dreams don't seem like any random dream, and last nights was one of those dreams. I woke up at 6 to feed Maddox and I could recall this dream that I had earlier in the night. I know it was my Heavenly Father bringing it to my remembrance. I want to write it down before I forget, and hope that maybe someone who reads it will feel the spirit like I did in the dream.  

In my dream I was talking to an old friend, we were discussing what faith was. A line from the Young Women's Theme came to mind and I began to bear my testimony to him. I told him the first line of the theme says:" I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father who loves me, and I love him." I realized that there is no coincidence that this is the first line in the theme. Above all else in life, our Heavenly Father wants us to know that we are his children and that he loves us!!! In my dream I shared experiences from my youth that were examples of why I knew Heavenly Father loved me. One memory I shared was telling him that when I was young and going through a hard time and felt alone, my big brother and his friend took me tanning with them. It made me feel special. This was a way that Heavenly Father was telling me he was aware of my feelings at that time and that he loved me by sending someone to make me feel special. ( funny thing is that this really did happen in my youth and I have never looked at it that way until my dream) I was telling him that if we look at every little detail of our lives, we will see the signs that Heavenly Father is sending us to let us know that he loves us. I spoke about the fact that sometimes our faith doesn't come from what is in our heads, but what we feel in our hearts. ( what I loved, is so much of what I was saying in my dream was not things I have ever even thought of before, that is why I believe it was revelation from Heavenly Father) I myself am not a gospel scholar by any means, but I know how I feel in my heart! Those feelings I have felt in my heart are more powerful than anything I could read or know in my head. I can forget what I have studied or read, but I never forget the feelings I feel when I know something is true. 
I also spoke about the second half of that line which says : "and I love him" I spoke about how everything we do in our lives should be a sign to our Heavenly Father that we love him!! We need to reflect on our day to day life. How do we act, who do we serve? Are our actions and words telling Heavenly Father we love him, or the opposite?. By the end of my dream there was a whole crowd of people around listening to my testimony. I can remember how strong the spirit was!!

I know this dream was not just a dream! It was Heavenly Fathers way of reminding me that He loves me! I have had a tough week! lots of tears shed, and questions to my Heavenly Father of why life works out the way it does sometimes. I know this was his way of telling me he hears my prayers and that if I look at my life I will see so many ways he is showing his love for me!! Now I have to do the same, and show my love for him too!!

I KNOW THAT I AM A DAUGHTER OF MY HEAVENLY FATHER WHO LOVES ME, AND I LOVE HIM!!



No comments:

Post a Comment