Our Color run was a success! We prayed all week that the rain would hold off until after the race, but didn't receive any such luck! Even though it rained, we still had over 300 people show up to run. We received so many blessings which made the run a success. We had people let us use their canopies to cover our color stations, and we had 2 large ones for people to stand under at the shelter and start line. It never did rain heavy until the very end either which made it fun. The kids all seemed to enjoy the rain! We sold out of extra color packs, and by the end there was not a clean shirt in the park! We had a lot of prize giveaways which were donated by many generous business sponsors. There were times during the planning process that I didn't know if I would make it :) I put at least 15-20 hours a week into pulling this together, and without a few very special people, it would not have come together at all. When I saw all the happy kids and families at the race, it made it all worth it! Next year will be much less work too!! I learned many... many lessons this year about how to make next year even better too!!

trying to have a good attitude about the rain as I head to the park to set up
This is the pre race fun! I wish I would have gotten more large group shots, but didn't want my phone getting to wet.
Allivia, Ellie and me before the race started, and my post race selfie!!
Allivia, Me, and Tayler
Our post race picture! The color never fully came out of our shirts which made it fun! I think the rain helped to make it set in.
Parker did not want to get dirty! Maddox slept thru most of the run :)
Grant and I after the race. Below is Maddox and me.
Big Mike Curtis, our super Amazing DJ!!!
The post register covered our race also which was super exciting!! I was out getting the race going so I missed them, but I was really excited we got the coverage!!
No comments:
Post a Comment