Tuesday, March 10, 2015

12 years and 5 kids later!


On March 15, 2015 Grant and I will have been married 12 years!! Doesn't seem like that long at all until I look at our 5 kids! Since Carter is almost 11, I guess I have to accept that is has really been that long and that I am getting old!! 
Grants parents were in town today and offered to watch kids so we could celebrate a few days early. Grant took the afternoon off work and we decided we would go to lunch. Driving to the restaurant would be to easy (and boring) though, so we broke out our bikes and biked the almost 6 miles to Texas Road House! To bad when we got there, we realized they didn't open until 4! whoops. After a few minutes of weighing our options, we decided on Chuck-A-Rama. Its a good thing we rode our bikes because we needed the calorie burn for all the yummy food we ate!! Our total bike ride was 12 miles! Normally this is a easy ride for me, but this was my first bike ride this year. My legs are a little sore this evening :) This was the first uninterrupted, one on one time we have spent together in months!! It was amazing and I soaked up every minute of it. 
These last 12 years have been the best years of my life. Grant truly is my better half and best friend. He makes me want to be a better person. He is always quick to serve me and the kids, and expresses his love for me on a daily basis. I really am the luckiest girl in the world!! I look forward to the next 12 years, and then on to eternity!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment