Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Basement Construction, Phase 1

I have been begging for a bathroom in our basement for a few years now. Finally I used my pregnancy hormones to my favor and brought out the tears! Grant had a plan in motion that day :) It all started with adding a simple bathroom, and ended up with almost every basement wall removed, carpet torn out and dust EVERYWHERE!! Our friend Oliver is heading up the construction since both Grant and I are pretty clueless when it comes to this type of stuff. Now we are getting a new bathroom, and expanding both basement bedrooms to make them bigger, and adding a walk in closest to the girls bedroom. Now I am hearing talk of installing a beam in the sealing and removing the wall from the stairs to the TV room! We will see what happens :)
It has been pretty fun so far. We are adjusting to the construction zone. At first we made the girls still sleep in their room but the exposed furnace and loud water heater creeped the girls out. That and the dust is never ending!! So the kids are all sleeping on the "magic bed" (our pull out couch) in the living room. As long as it is complete by the baby's arrival, I am a happy camper! I am so proud of Grant for being such a trooper! He reminds me almost daily that he is doing this all to make me happy, and boy am I happy! I cant wait to see the end result (but not the bill haha)








                         Next step is to Sheetrock the walls! Wish us luck with phase 2!!

1 comment: