In August we lost Grandma Mary Lou. It was sad to have her gone but we all know she is in a better place and enjoying life with her husband. It was a long drive getting there!! We thought it would get easier to travel as kids got older but this trip seemed much harder. Once we got to Phoenix we stayed with Grants grandma Burgoyne in Tempe. It was over 110 degrees every day so we were so glad she had a pool! The kids would be in the pool by 7 am every morning!! Those who know my kids know they are not big water lovers (other than Allivia) This week was so good for them!! They loved the water because it was so warm! Somehow I lost all my pictures from the trip so I only have the pictures Grant took of the trip.
The trip was really hard on Parkers blood sugars. Any change in environment seems to effect him. He was very high the entire week and that meant he was very grouchy the majority of the week. It was very draining for me emotionally!! We had a few full blown temper tantrums which are always embarrassing in public. I missed the majority of the funeral because of his high blood sugars and grouchiness. It was a breaking point for me emotionally and I struggled for a long time afterwords. I am doing much better now, but don't look forward to our next road trip!! :) Overall though we had a wonderful time and enjoyed seeing all our family that we don't get to see very often.
Grandpa Terry and Maddox
Grandma Burgoyne. She just turned 90 years old in December and she still goes goes goes!! What an amazing lady!!
Carter and I having a dead man float contest.
Some of our Campbell clan.
We celebrated Grandma Kathy's birthday while there too.
We visited uncle Eric and aunt Ellen Burgoyne house one day. The kids loved playing on the hay and watching the cow.
The drive home took a turn for the worse. We were trying to make it back in 1 day because we had lots of dentist and doctor appointments the next day in preparation for school starting. We were 3 hours from home and both Grant and I were exhausted!! We stopped at a Maverick and I asked the clerk for something with caffeine that would keep we awake until we got home. I don't drink caffeine normally so I didn't know what to get. The lady recommended the redline because she said it wouldn't give me the shakes. I read the instructions and drank the recommended amount and hit the road. About 5 miles down the road my hands started to shake. I had to use the bathroom really bad so we pulled over and I went. Then we hit the road again. I was driving and within another mile my hands were shaking even more, I had to pee again and my depth perception was off. I pulled over worried I wasn't safe to drive. Grant drove to another Maverick for me to go. I was dizzy going in but once I hit the bathroom I was so dizzy I couldn't even move. I had to lay on the bathroom floor so I wouldn't pass out and quickly my whole body was shaking. I was able to text grant to call 911!! My arms went numb, everything was shaking and I was so dizzy! My heart was beating so fast I felt like I was having a heart attack or something. I felt like I was going to die!! I was taken to the nearest hospital in Tremonton by ambulance. In the ambulance my blood pressure dropped and my heartbeat was off the charts high. Everything in me told me I was dying even though everyone told me I was going to be ok. At the hospital I was given an EKG which cleared their worry of a heart attack. I was given meds to stop the convulsions and and I don't remember what else. After several hours I was stable and released from the hospital. It was determined that I had a caffeine overdose. It took several days before I felt back to normal afterwords. Still to this day I still get dizzy spells and it scares me. We contacted redline to let them know what happened. This last week they finally contacted us back asking for the bottle number and a copy of all our medical bills. (almost $4,000) We are hopeful they will pay those bills!! I have learned my lesson to never drink caffeine again!! haha
No comments:
Post a Comment