Wednesday, October 7, 2015

spinning plates

As a wife and mom, I feel like so much of my times is just trying to keep those plates spinning! My life really isn't any busier than most peoples,  but for some reason I have struggled lately on how to do it all! During this last general conference I had two main thoughts on what I need to improve on. 
1- I need to have a home that is neat and clean where the spirit can reside. If the Savior were to knock on my door without notice, I could welcome him in without embarrassment.
2- I need to make time for myself and my health. 
Both these topics have been on my mind a lot lately. My home is not bad, it just a home with 7 people and a dog living in it. The messes are backpacks and toys and dirty dishes mostly. But how do I stay on top of the more detailed stuff likes my floorboards and blinds being cleaned, and washing the windows or de-cluttering the top of the fridge? my sister told my once, that trying to clean your house with kids in it, is like washing your car in the rain. So true!!! 
 My health according to my DR. is great. He said he rarely sees people my age (like i am so old now!) that aren't on any sort of medication. My weight is in the normal range and according to all lab tests, I am perfect! In my mind, I am 10 lbs overweight and totally out of shape! I use to be so good a daily exercise and made the time to do so. The thought of it now overwhelms me. 
I feel like I have so many plates spinning right now, where is there room for more! Between being the wife to my husband who serves in the bishopric, and the mom to 5 kids who have sports, band, piano, scouts, activity days, friends, homework and individual needs, I have my own calling as stake primary president, visiting teaching, serving others,  helping coach volleyball, trying to clean and cook and run the errands, play with my two little boys so they are not glued to the tv all day, serve on the school PTO board.  The list goes on and on and on...I have not even mentioned my two kids who still don't sleep thru the night. When do I read my scriptures, or attend the temple, have a date with my husband? 
I know this is a super downer post, but its not meant to be. I am simply trying to evaluate my life and what changes need to be made. The thoughts I have had, are that if Heavenly Father is telling me I need to make these a priority, its because I need it. I need to feel good about myself so I can give more to others, and I need a clean home so the spirit can be here more to guide and direct my family. 
I don't quite know how I will make times for it all, but I know if Heavenly Father prompted me to do it, he will provide a way! I will figure it out! I will set some goals, plan my day and make my weak things become strong once again!! I am so blessed and I want to live my life worthy of more blessings :) I know that if I give this my full effort, that my Heavenly Father will fill in the gaps where I still lack. 
So here is to adding two more plates, and hopeful success hahaha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment